i am a grandma, and am having problems with my grandbaby's mom, she is trying to keep the baby away from me

my son and the baby's mother do not get along and she is being very vindictive and so is her side of the family, i just want to see the baby, my son pays support and extras but she is never satisfied

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Check with a lawyer or legal aid. Grandparents should have some rights. Hope you get it straightened our.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Legally you don't have a leg to stand on unfortunately.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I suggest trying to form a relationship with the mom if you want to see the child and leave everything else out of it (meaning her relationship with your son and her family). Also if your son has visitation that would be a good time to see the baby.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• check with law some states have grandparents rights and you can fight forvisits and time
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Depends on where you live, a few states have grandparents rights but other then that it's up to your son to get visits.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm not sure you have any if they are not married. Contact a lawyer.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Some states, but not many, will grant grandparents visitations sometimes, but that would be a long shot. He would have to take her to court and get a court order for himself.
    Kissybratzmom

Answer by Kissybratzmom at 1:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2010