Did you ever notice that kids...

are in a hurry to grow up and leave their childhood behind,then go stagnant at 18 and want to remain a kid forever and live at home for free?
just an observation of the new generation.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree also. It seems that they want to live at home and still expect us to keep them up the rest of their lives. Or at least that's how I'm feeling. They don't want to help out paying the bills when they work, we are still expected to keep them up. They talk about how they want to get out of the house, but they would rather spend money on other stuff instead.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Guess my kids are an exception. My son is nearly 20 & still lives at home. But he has a job & pays rent. He would like to move out but can't afford it yet. He's saving up.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 9:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my oldest is 30yrs and yes he lives at home but he helps out a great deal with me and pays rent
    my 21yr daughter is also lives at home and pays rent she waiting and saving to buy her self a house
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yea, that sounds about right!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• everything is inflated in price nowadays also !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Can't say I've ever known that to happen... Everyone I know moved out or went to college at 18... I can't imagine anyone at 18 wanting to stay home...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I totally agree !
    greenbeanmoma

Answer by greenbeanmoma at 9:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I've met a few people kind of like that, but not many. Most of the people I know around my age (I'm 21) can't wait to leave their parent's home and be independent, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• They called my generation the boomerangers. Everyone left for college or life outside of mama and daddy's then came back around 25 lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010