My sister

My sister is 19, she is living with a 38 year old, he is a 4 time convicted felon, for guns and stealing. She lives in a camper in a travel park, no job, no car, no money. She will not talk or listen to me or anyone else we are so worried about her. What would you do?

greenbeanmoma

Asked by greenbeanmoma at 9:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Let her know I care...then let her make her own choices. She is more likely to come home when things turn out badly if she doesn't feel like "I told you so" will be said.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just leave it alone. There is nothing that you can do about it except for creating animosity between the two of you. The more you push the more she will push back. Sounds like he is a looser but all you can do is pray that she opens her eyes and wakes up.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Are there drugs involved. If she does not want help there is probably nothing you can do..
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'd let her know that she's welcome to come "home" but then back off. She's an adult.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• so hard to do! I love her so much Im 11 years older than her, she is like my kid.
    greenbeanmoma

Comment by greenbeanmoma (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• All you can do is let her know that you are there no matter what she needs. Some decisions, and mistakes, just have to be made on their own. There really isn't a whole lot you can do, until she is ready to let someone help her. Best of luck. God bless!
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 9:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• all you can do is be there when she needs you the most,yes she chose this life and you might not like it but she is adult ,
    i what she needs most is understanding your love ,all she see is staries she loves him nothing you say will make her live him ,so stand by when she know that she can change him she will leave him,thats when she will need you the most good luck
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• support her and let her know you are there for her...she is still a baby and needs to know that she has you in case she needs you...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh I do , but once she wanted to come here for the weekend with his 4 pit bulls! I told her she was welcome but I couldnt have the dogs in my house with my children
    greenbeanmoma

Comment by greenbeanmoma (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• She is not taking care of herself she stinks she doesnt wash her hair, she has bladder infections all the time, her face is broke out. I afraid he is making her be like this, for a control thing
    greenbeanmoma

Comment by greenbeanmoma (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010