leg cramps

I get leg cramps all the time, not just charley horses when I am sleeping sometimes from crossing my legs. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't find anywhere of what causes them. Ouch

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• Yep, try eating more bananas and potassium rich foods, or a supplement.
    If you can 'catch' the cramp early, you can sometimes stave it off by folding
    your toes under tightly and holding them there a while. Not a cure, but it does
    help occassionally.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 1:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• maybe you could eat some potatoes and bananas?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i get them all the time all you can do is walk it off or have your hubby rub your legs yes they our painful
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, they are unreal. I have to force me to get up and stand on it. It will take awhile and finally it will stop. It will ache the whole next day.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You could be lacking potassium in your diet.  Try eating a banana, like happy2bmom25  posted.  Check with your doctor. He can do a blood test to find out for sure.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 10:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Potassium and calcium both help with muscle cramps, so try to find some good sources of food that contain these and it should make it easier for you. Good luck!
    Sirrah98

Answer by Sirrah98 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2010