Why and how is yogurt good for yeast infections?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 9:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• The bacteria in yogurt will help your body balance back out. Since a yeast infection is caused by yeast overtaking the vaginaly area, the good bacteria are in desperate need. However, most yogurt has so much sugar that it will usually cause it to get worse.

If you are wanting to natually get balanced back out, you need a probiotic like PB8. It has the same bacteria cultures in it that yogurt does but in mass quantities. 2 pills a day are like eating 60 yogurt servings a day minus the sugar.

I have always had 7-8 yeast infections a year regardless of what I did. I started taking PB8 2 years ago and have not had one since. Just make sure if you get it, that it is refrigerated since it looses it's potency when left out at room temperature. I buy mine from a herbalist, not GNC or other mass retailers.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The idea is that because it's normal bacteria, it will help, however, it's normal GUT bacteria, not normal VAGINAL bacteria. You're better off using Monistat or another OTC treatment.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• ditto what PP said... also for vaginal yeast infection, sounds gross but you can take plain yogurt (NO SUGAR) and use like a topical cream too... I have done so also when a yeast rash on my son- works very well..

PS even when you dont have ayeast infection- probiotics are very important and should be taken daily.
    XxPixiesworldxX

Answer by XxPixiesworldxX at 11:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010