Pain in the 9th month

I asked my dr about this the other day, but he only gives me answers like..."thats normal, youre doing fine". I have horrible pain in my vagina. I am in my 9th month...and I do realize things are going to be sore. This is just constant. It feels like the walls of the vagina. I sometimes feel like I cant even walk, its so painful. Can anyone elaborate on why this happens? Thanks!

holycow

Asked by holycow at 1:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'm 32 weeks and I've had this problem for about a week and a half now. I asked my doctor about it at my appointment yesterday. He pretty much said it's normal as well (which REALLY pissed me off!). He said it was something to do with your pelvis and pelvic muscles stretching and straining, getting ready to give birth. He said it's very common among women in their third trimester, and that it's mostly caused by the baby getting bigger and putting pressure on your bladder and your hip bones and such.

I asked if tylenol would help, and he said most likely not, because even though the pain FEELS like a muscle sprain, it's not. He told me to try not to overwork the muscles and just be as careful as possible.

FABULOUS, right? lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Unfortunately, it is normal and it's just your body preparing for birth. The ligaments and everything inside your pelvis are loosening in preparation for the birth and there is all this extra strain on them from the baby, so they are feeling strain in places that they never had before. Just take comfort in knowing that you are almost there and soon you'll be holding that baby in your arms!!
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• it is normal I had pain so bad in my 8 1/2 mn that I cound not walk I went to my doctor and he gave me a pain med. it helped a little just rest and dont walk around to much its not fun to be pregnant lol
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 2:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• if you realy want an answer - TELL YOUR DR YOU WANT AN INTERNAL EXAM - to be sure that you arent already dialating - drs are just prone to saying "just pregnancy pains" and if you let them push you arround then you arent doing yourself any good...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• It is normal. It's your body preparing for the birth. Your baby's head is probably down now and pushing on your vagina. This happened to me about the last month of my pregnancy. It does suck, but it's all worth it in the end. I wish you the best of luck, and wish that everything goes as planned for you! Good Luck!
    HeatherM0529

Answer by HeatherM0529 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008