What do all of you think of bullying in school?

If we don't stop the bullying in school these children will grow up to be bullies in the work place. I know I was a victim of a bully. In my work place my boss was a bully and harrassed me for a year. If she would have been helped as a child she may not have been a bully as an adult.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not really me to my son. He has been bullied for some time by the same 5 boys! I mean they call him a ni**er all the time, trip him broke his lip open! Then I had a person from a yahoo group tell me she was wanted to help him have a great b-day & sending my son $100 for his birthday decorations and for his birthday cake and a $50 gift card to chuckie cheese. Now I found out it was all a lie and she never intended to send anything to him. This saddens me so much because he was happy, so happy when I said he can invite a few friends over and we invited my family and now i have nothing!!!! Not even a birthday cake for my son and only $0.48 cents to my name. I cried for a while!! A very long while! I just don't know why a person could be so cruel to a little boy who is already been through so much bulling and hurt and depression??? Why? I am so lost, confused, sad, and hurt!!! I just don't know what to tell everyone. What do I do
    godaboveall32

Answer by godaboveall32 at 9:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• HOnestly IMO many (notice I said many, I do realize the extreme some kids go to) kids are just too sensitive now, just like their parents.
    go ahead vote down. LOL
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• There were bullies when we were growning up. It's just that you can longer discipline your kids, so really what are the parents of bullies supposed to do with their kids. I know that there is no way I would put up with either of my kids doing that. It's all about the way the are raised. All you can really do these days is teach your kids to do the right thing and not worry about what anyone else says. Best of luck.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 10:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think it's gotten out of hand. I do agree that some parents and/or kids are too sensitive these days, but I think alot of it is WAY out of control. No child (or person for that matter) deserves to be tormented for the way they look, the color of their skin, the way they dress, their sexual orientation, etc....and I, for one, am happy that some of these bullies are being put behind bars for their actions.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think parents of bullies who can not demonstrate they have really tried to deter the behavior should be fined . I think people need to quit condoning nasty behavior .
    However from what I have seen in some of these groups on cafemom. I have no question that this behavior is taugh by example in some homes
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was bullyed when I was in Middle and High school for years. I believe it was my sophmore/junior year I stood up to her. She never bothered me again. If you stand up to them they realize they can't get a rise out of you and make you feel bad and they will leave you alone. Remember the saying "Stick and stones"? I taught that to my children, to stand up to them if they get bullyed. My oldest was in 6th grade and stood up to him and was left alone. I also taught him to remember what it felt like and not to bully someone else. NO MATTER WHAT GET INVOLVED IN YOUR KIDS LIFE. Be proactive.
    bestmomever333

Answer by bestmomever333 at 12:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I had a "friend" for 3 years who lived by the whole "boys will be boys" memo. They terrorized one another horribly, and she neglected them almost enough to be turned in. They were horrid to the other kids and mine on the baseball team etc..... She and her husband would just shrug it off or expect your kid to just deal. But here's where it's interesting...... If THEIR kid got a dose of his own medicine they were ALL OVER IT. hmmm.....
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 12:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2010