What can you not eat when pregnant?

K_Dawn82

Asked by K_Dawn82 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. And paid for it with heartburn both times. LOL. There is no set menu that you can or cannot eat. If you want it, eat it.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 10:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• u can eat anything u want just not

tuna steak
    mackrel
    shark
    sordfish because of the high mercury levels :) just stay away from high mercury levels in foods :) also
    dont drink anything with ginsing or guarana in it which is all energy drinks
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• tuna fish
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Cold Cuts & hot dogs must be cooked properly and fish in moderation-ask your OB(midwife) for a list.. Congratulations!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I ate everything, but I read somewhere recently that you shouldnt eat queso blanco. Found that interesting...
    MegClayton

Answer by MegClayton at 10:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You shouldn't eat seafood because of the mercury content, and avoid lunch meat because of the threat of listeria. Anything raw should be avoided (like sushi or sashimi) because of the bacteria content, too. Avoid drinking TOO much caffeine (my doctor said keep it around 1 12 oz cup of coffee a day, since that's my caffeine medium of choice.)
    BaileynMe

Answer by BaileynMe at 10:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• No soft cheeses, either.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• They say you shouldn't eat lunchmeat or hot dogs unless they are cooked to steaming. Also to skip certain sea foods (listed above) including sushi. Also to limit your caffiene intake. Other than that, I ate pretty much anything I wanted.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• someone mentioned raw things. I love to eat raw cookie dough, but I avoided it while pregnant just because of the raw eggs. They can sometimes carry bacteria and such.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010