Can someone recommend a good pillow to use while sleeping that wont throw my neck out whack?

My days of 2-3 very soft and fluffy down pillows have got to be over , Dr's orders. I threw out my upper back, neck and shoulder a few weeks ago and after numerous Chiro. appts. I'm back to square one. He suggested something firm but I like soft and squishy I can't sleep if its hard. Are those those foam contour ones comfortable or does anyone know if I can get a extra firm DOwn contour? Also what is the best position to sleep in so as not to screw up your back?

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 10:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• My s/o uses a water pillow and swears by it. I can't sleep on it. I like the down feather pillows.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 10:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I had a foam contour pillow years ago and loved it. Now I have a memory foam pillow and love it too. I can't sleep on regular pillows either. I would give either one of those a try.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Have you looked into one of the foamy pillows from Brookstone or something like it? they are supposed to keep you aligned.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My husband has a contour pillow that can be adjust from 4 -6 inches deep. It is made from memory foam. The best one is expensive, but woth it. We bought it at the sleep number store. He has bad arthritis in his neck, and sleeps with a CPAP mask all night. This pillow has been heaven for him.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Tony Little's pillows are great, but they don't last long enough for the price.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• memory foam
    GinaPQueen

Answer by GinaPQueen at 10:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I bought a big firm one from Wal Mart and I slept like a baby. It was one of their high end. I love that thing. I had the same pillow since 1994, literally, until my neck could not take it anymore.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Dogbone neck pillow. Keeps all the support under your neck while cradling your head. There are many vendors on ebay for them. I also sell them for $7 plus shipping.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2010