Step-parent adoption....(please read #1 and #2 questions)

I've been with my DF for 3 years now and he wants to adopt my daughter, but some people in my family don't think it's a good idea.They think we should wait until we're married. He's already "daddy" to her, his family is completely excepting of both her and I, and my family loves him as well. Some don't think we should do the adoption at all because then I won't be getting child support. DF and I could care less about the child support! DF actually can't wait for it to stop....he doesn't like "taking" money from another man to support "his" daughter. DF and I also don't need the money. We both have great jobs that pay well and have benefits. Her bio-dad has chosen not to be a part of her life, so I know getting him to sign over his rights won't be a problem. I don't see a problem with doing it before we get married and don't understand why they have a problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• just know a father is NOT the one that makes is the one that does...and your DF sound like he loves HIS daughter...i think it's great...every child NEEDS a GOOD, LOVING AND CARING DADDY...best of luck mama

good

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Most likely he wont be able to legally until you are married for X period of time.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 10:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010