Do your siblings (if any) acknowledge your birthday?

I have two ungrateful, selfish older sisters who forget my birthday and use excuses why they didn't send me a card and/or call me. Also, I have never missed their or their girls' birthdays, ever! I always call them and send a gift and card. I have six nieces. Both my sisters blew off my two year old daughter on her birthday in August. Should it piss me off? Probably not, because it's nothing new with them, but it does. We all live far away from each other, so maybe that's why I make a point in acknowledging others' birthdays. How hard is it to go to the flippin' dollar store, buy a card, drop it in the mail?

HeatheranninSP

Asked by HeatheranninSP at 10:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Your neices will remember how thoughtful you are! I was always excited as a child to get a birthday card in the mail! It sucks that they are like that, but I agree, don't treat your neices any different. My sister and I call each other on each others birthdays and either sing or play the Beatles Birthday Song. LOL. My Dad used to wake us up to it every year on our birthdays, so we carry on the tradition!
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My oldest sister and the one closest to my age always remember. The middle sister doesn't but she never has had much to do with family since she is always working. My brother never does but my SIL remembers.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• well dont worry about your sisters then, but dont treat your neices differently.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have 3 brothers, my little brother always remembers my birthday. But we are kinda close. My older two, I don't think they really remember they have a sister.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I remember all my siblings birthdays we acknoweldge all birthdays and our kids as well my sister is selfish n ungrateful but even though she didnt gt me gifts she always take care of my daughter
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 10:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• yep my brother, sister and SIL all love me :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Birthdays are very awkward for my family because we did not grow up celebrating birthday so I think we are all confused as to what to do. Sometimes we mention something on the phone sometimes we just let it go.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My brother, sister, and I all call each other on our birthday....well sort of....my brother was born on MY 1st birthday - so since I had the day first -the running joke - I call him the day after.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my sister only remembers it b/c its during crawfish season and its a reason to have a crawfish boil but my little brother one year called a friend and sent them money and had them go pick me something up and bring it to me he was in A school in the army and it meant a lot to me
    acastle2

Answer by acastle2 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My sister usually remembers, my brother is hit or miss.
    We get one another cards, and say Happy Birthday over the phone, but
    that's about it.

My mom will usually get me some small something, and my MIL will
    bake the cake/cookies/dessert of my choice. So it's all good! lol
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 12:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2010