Why daughter's poo is so acidic? How to help rash fast? Please help:(

She went poo like 5 minutes ago....and I changed her. She was already red and bright red. :( It hurts her alot. why is she so acidic? She hasn't had any juice...

And how can I help her, fast.... Thank you

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 10:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Her PH is out of whack. This happened to mine when her pharmacy erred on a dose of antibiotic. They gave her 4 times the recommended dose.

Start giving her yogurt and it will help. 2-3 servings a day. The light yogurt will have less sugar and will help.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• is she breastfed? if so there could be something that you are eating that is not agreeing with her...try to eat a bland diet (no spicy foods) for a few days and see how that helps. I would use a soft cloth with warm water instead of wipes and use vaseline as a protective barrier so that her skin doesnt get irritated. If you can let her air our for a few minutes when changing her diaper.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• thank you. I will try it right away. She's having a hard time even sitting in my lap:(
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Another thing that you can do is to put the yogurt directly on her tush. Just get the non-flavored kind since she won't be tasting it anyway.

also, if she won't eat the yogurt, you can use it to mix in with cereal or other foods like smoothies.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• yogurt on her business? I think I've heard of that before;) Thanks for the reminder. And the vaseline reminder;) I can't find any "butt paste" stuff....
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Butt Paste is at walmart or target. and Butt Paste is the name of the cream.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• She love that stuff esp. because of the cute baby on the tube;) Bordeaux or something right?
    thelowlander

Comment by thelowlander (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• http://www.pinxav.com/ Blows Buttpaste out of the water! This used to be prescription, but is now otc...but it is difficult to find, some stores have to order it for you..the pharmacy does it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:37 AM on Oct. 29, 2010

• My son used to get this way when he was in diapers. It usually happened when he was teething and it was really bad. Powder helped to dry the rash when he would get the rash along with treating it with butt cream. Another thing that helped was to let him go with out a diaper. Let some air get to the area. All kids like to go with out a diaper from time to time! I hope this gets better for you both.

Otherwise, I don't remember feeding him anything in particular until he was able to eat animal crackers. But he is 17 now so it has been a long time since I've had to deal with this!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2010