baby weight loss

My baby is 2 weeks old I have only lost 5lbs! Which is what my baby weight I had sever edema and actually gained 5 lbs after she was born but my ob said I shld lose 15 w in the first 2 weeks bc you lose the blood and fluid why am I not losing the fluid ? What do I do I'm bnreastfeeding and I'm not supplementing so its feeding all day I lost 21 lbs w in a few days after my first baby

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My edema lasted nearly a month with each of my kids and I ebf. My weight with dd didn't come off til I weaned. Weight only came off with ds when I did weight watchers for nursing moms (took about 10 weeks for 25 lbs). Your diet can have a lot to do with it. When I started the WW, I upped my fruits and veggies considerably and lost a ton of water weight in the first couple weeks. Be patient. Everyone is different. Every pregnancy/post pregnancy is different. You are older than you were with your first (even if not by much) as well. Just concentrate on eating the best foods and staying active (I walk trails). The rest will come.
    07Mommy10

Answer by 07Mommy10 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• hunny you just had a baby!! I wouldnt stress it let your body get back to normal and relax :)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 2:36 AM on Oct. 29, 2010