How much would you pay to have attend a Demonstration of Vegan cooking ?

assuming you are interested in Vegan cooking Would you pay to attend a Demonstration of recipes and foods used in a vegan diet ?
How much ? Would you prefer a small group of friends in a home or in another setting ?

chica1965

Asked by chica1965 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I probably wouldn't pay to watch any type of cooking demonstration, unless it's included in a price, such as a home show or something. We have a Women's Show here in November. There is a cooking demonstration there, but it is included in the overall price. But, others might have a different answer, because I'm not that into cooking. Either way, Good luck to you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would pay nothing. That's not worth my time. You could pay me to go and I'd eat it as long as no tofu was involved.
    CCMami

Answer by CCMami at 11:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Well the question was assuming your were intrested ? but thanks
    chica1965

Comment by chica1965 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm not sure what a good price would be.....if it was someone that hadn't built a reputation yet, I wouldn't want to invest a lot of money, but I do understand that he/she deserves compensation for her time....good question, though...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh, don't get me wrong! I am interested. In fact, I would love to start it. So, let me rephrase, if I can have personal one on one lessons, I might pay $100.00 total. Sorry...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh wow I never conciderd that I have been vegan awhile and my friends and family are all telling me I should teach this stuff
    they have seen my health and energy level soar . I do feel like a consultant some days . HMM no appologies needed I am trying to learn if there is income potential here Wow Thank you m -avi reallly
    chica1965

Comment by chica1965 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, that actually would be a fantastic opportunity for you! Private lessons, I'd do it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Chica1965, I know this is not exactly what you are looking for but I had a friend who went on a diet and actually turned it into a life style change. She studied what foods should go together and what foods should not. Overall, she lost 80 lbs. People were always asking her about how she lost the weight and when she told them most of the time they said that they would love to do it but they don't have the time to do it to the full extent. So, she started her own business called The Brown Bag. She started out offering one choice and when her business grew, she offered 4 different choices. The price was $7 and that included the meal, drink, dessert, and delivery. (she mainly marketed to businesses where she would get several orders from one place). Soon, she also began a breakfast service too. Luckily, her SIL owned a restaurant so getting her food license was easy. Cont..

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Cont... If you plan to do anything with food, check to see if your state allows home kitchens. If not, check to see how much it would cost to rent a kitchen. Good luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• wow you guys have great info lots to think about
    chica1965

Comment by chica1965 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2010