Anyone have a husband or S/O with severe back problems?

If so did he have surgery? How did it work out? My husband has a really bad back and he will probably need surgery eventually. I'm worried that he may come out as a cripple.

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• my Dh has severe back problems and yes they want to do surgery. . . however it is my Dh's final say and he is holding off for now due to the potential risk involved. I think he should go through with it asap. . . if it could help him it is worth the risk, I don't care if I would have to push him around in a chair the rest my life. . . as long as we tried. . . I don't want to think of anything bad possibly happening. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 10:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My hubby thought he just pulled a muscle when we were moving, turned out that it was a tumor on the nerves around his spine and it was quickly paralyzing him. They removed the tumor (about the size of a grapefruit) and he was left with severe nerve damage on his right side. Now there is a possibility that there is another tumor because the same things are happening again.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My mom had severe back problems it affected her walking. She couldnt even go shopping for groceries with out her back hurting after 5 minutes of walking her leg would go numb. The doctor told her it was either the sugery or eventually be in a wheel chair unable to walk. Her surgery was a success she can now walk as long as she wants and go shopping. She has no pain or numbness that use to make her have to drag her leg. She had a metal plate,bone removed from her hip and put on her spine, and screws put in her back to fix the problem. Even though she was scared she had the surgery and doesn't regret it. Technology and doctors are better now than they were years ago i feel we should trust them.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I HAVE SEVERE BACK PAIN THEY TOLD ME I NEED SUGERY BUT I CAN HAVE IT DONE BECAUSE OF HOW RISKY IS TO GET IT DONE .. I HAVE CHRONIC PAIN SYMDROME AND LUBAR LIPOMA IS A TUMOR ON MY SPINE BUT MY IS INSIDE MY DISK.. I HAVE BEEN ON PAIN MEDICATION FOR ALMOST 6 YEARS BUT DONT WORK..
    glory2010

Answer by glory2010 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2010