Tummy Itch

Here lately as I've progressed in my pregnancy, I've found that my stomach is itching almost unbearably. And I can't scratch at it because doing so burns. I've tried putting lotion on it, but that doesn't seem to help either. Any suggestions?

DellaF88

Asked by DellaF88 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Buddha Belly Mask delicious (yet non-edible) moisturizing mask to your belly.
    # 1/4 cup avocado
    # 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
    # 2 teaspoons molasses, preferably blackstrap
    # 5 drops chamomile essential oil -- you may want to do a spot test first to make you are not allergic to it, some people can't handle essential oils.n a small bowl, mash the avocado then stir in the remaining ingredients. Add extra orange juice if the mixture is too thick. Spread over your belly and leave on for at least 30 minutes before using a warm washcloth to rinse off.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Have you tried Vitamin E oil? Worked wonders for me. You can get it at WalMart by the vitamins. It's just a little bottle and just rub it in well.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• just plain lotion doesnt help - use coco butter - this stays on the skin longer (use it right after a bath/shower to lock in the moisture from the water.
    this should make it more bearable to scratch that itch - the itch is your skin streatching
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• gold bond
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008