I don't mean to sound dumb,but what does a man mean when he says that they are afraid to get to close because some women are intimidating?? I never understood what that ment..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• He is a chicken shit and doesn't want to be in a relationship with anyone or maybe just with you and he is making a dumb excuse.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• that's typically an excuse
    CCMami

Answer by CCMami at 11:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Why can't men just give straight to the point answers....ugh!
    Ranchmom220

Answer by Ranchmom220 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• He's immature and can't handle an adult relationship.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 11:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• In my opinion, I think it means that it makes them feel like less of a person than you are. My BIL use to feel intimidated by my mother. But it took him a while to get over it, like a few years. He probably also feels that he can't live up to your standards. If he can't accept the way you are, he's going to have trouble in the relationship. Men like to feel that they are above you, in a sense.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Men often have a deep deep need emotionally to feel NEEDED, depended upon etc. Sometimes men are intimidated by a strong woman who is going to be more an equal than a dependant.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 4:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It's a cop-out. In our minds (women, that is), it sounds like he needs to grow up and be a man and handle a relationship instead of acting like a 16 year old that's intimidated by the homecoming queen. However...in reality, it is another way of a guy saying he's not really interested.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• definitely an excuse, and a lame one at that
    indigogirls

Answer by indigogirls at 7:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010