Stuffing envelopes?

So I saw an ad in BabyTalk for a work at home company...
American Publications.
You mail things from home. 5 dollars per a brochure.
Anyone heard about this? Is it a scam?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 1:57 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• I am so ashamed of BabyTalk for running that ad. I wrote it, but of course have not heard back.
    Here is how it works: You send them $40 for supplies – the “deposit”. They send you a packet of information that has been copied 500 times and looks like crap.
    The packet of information, usually 2 pages, tells you how to make the scam work.
    1, make copies of the (scam) I mean information packet.
    2, write an advertisement for “a stuffing envelopes job” and post it in your local news paper or online.
    3, when someone takes the bait and sends you the $40.00, you send them the same “packet” of information.
    And around and around it goes.
    It gets better with today’s technology, scammers can advertise online and send you digital
    information, they don’t even have to mail you the information any longer, saves on postage.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• It is scam. My friend tried it and it came out as a scam.
    If you want something that you could do from home check out my profile. I have some more information there.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 1:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• There are lots of ways to make money online. Some require investment, but I stay away from those. It’s too hard to tell which ones are scams. I've heard almost everyone say those envelope ones are scams. I stick with the free ones and I’ve been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• It's a big time scam! If you are looking for a home business or job I have done both and would be more than willing to help you out. As of now I have a rather successful home business and love it! My kids are 1 and 2 and I am home with them full time! Couldn't get any better for me!

Sabrina M Bowen
    www.DailyPayFromHome.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• SCAM.. try wahm.com for more info on work at home jobs..
    owalker

Answer by owalker at 3:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Girl, look at my websites: www.jobsformoms.synthasite.com and www.nicheaffiliates.synthasite.com
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2008