• In the Spotlight:

Old news, BUT...

I was just watching it on TV and wondering what people thought about the Dixie Chicks video "Not Read To Make Nice" that was in response to the backlash they recieved for her comments towards Bush. I know it's old news -- but I was just wondering how you felt about it when it first came out, and whether your feelings have changed since.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I own their CD. I could care less. They have every right to voice their opinion. This is America, freedom of speech and all. Everybody bags on Bush now, so why is it not ok for them to do it? Hypocritical.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Dixie Chicks rock. Listen to "Dear Mr. President" by Pink if you like "not ready to make nice". They made a documentary that covered that incident BTW. Very interesting too.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I love that song, and I think the video is beautifully made. It's really sad that they recieved death threats after the "incident". Good for them for standing up for what they believe in!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• While I'm not particularly a fan of their music, I commend them for standing up for their beliefs and not backing down when they felt pressure to. Celebrities' political views don't really affect whether or not I enjoy their work.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I thought it was completely ridiculous that people burned their CD and made such a big deal about it. W isn't real popular with many people if anyone hadn't noticed, and I'm proud of them for speaking up for their views.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I thought how they were treated was WRONG.

And I felt the same way about W as they did. It is Patriotic to be able to disagree with the President and say it in public. The treatment they endured by the confused W supporters was unpatriotic.

StarMommy77

Answer by StarMommy77 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• You said it right....Old News...Who cares now!?
    Anonymous

• Love the song and for them hold stead fast to their stance is great. Good for them for standing up for themselves.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Lost all respect for them when they decided to start bad mouthing our nation and leader while in a foreign country. Seriously? The people that make you rich and keep you safe and you are going to bad mouth them. I wouldn't toss a dime their way.
    Anonymous