Is there anybody else on a budget and tired of living like that?

Would you like to live the life of Riley like me? Lord knows I want to...

CCMami

Asked by CCMami at 11:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• Oh yeah, of course!

I just keep counting down the months, lol.
    Only 3 more years and our mortgage will be PAID.
    5 more months and 2 cc will be DONE. 6 more months
    and we can come out from our gym membership.

These things will free up about 7-800$, and we can really
    start working toward our future. We'll prob always be thrifty,
    but the good times will be bigger and more often.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 12:24 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't mind being on a budget I just wish we had a few more zeros and two commas to the left of the decimal.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 12:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Umm we're on a budget and no we're not tired of living like that. A budget means that you tell your money where to go instead of wondering where it went. If you want to spend $500 a month on clothes and $1000 on entertainment. That's fine. Just put it in the budget. You'll have to do without other things (money is limited) but a budget is written by you so it can be what you want. Plus in my opinion it saves you money =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 3:42 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Being on a budget is being responsible. Like the previous poster said, you get to tell your money where to go. We are on a very tight budget because we have goals and dreams that we want to see happen. That's not to say we don't have fun....we just PLAN for it and budget it in.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Definately. It's been that way since childhood and I'm so tired of it sometimes.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• id like to have $20 For clothes. What i meant by budget was, are u living payv
    check 2 paycheck, barely making it...
    CCMami

Comment by CCMami (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• In 4 years we will have all but our house paid off. I CAN'T WAIT.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yep... I am with you. Seems like as soon as we come up with an extra few bucks something in life will come along to suck up the money... car repairs, vet, unexpected sick day. At least we are making it paycheck to paycheck. We don't have much left after we pay the bills... but there was a time when we didn't have enough TO pay all the bills and I was stressed trying to figure out what to be late on. Barely making it, is still making it... so I am happy for that.

There's a quote I like when I feel like this... "I thank the Lord for having eaten and not been eaten once again."

But I do know what you mean... I daydream about buying two roundtrip tickets (no kids) for me and DH for an all-expenses paid trip.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I did live the life of Riley and now I am paying the piper.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2010