teething help

I need help soothing my daughter everynight she screams before bed because she is teething. How do I help her I already give her tylenol before bed but it doesn't seem to help.

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had wonderful success with Baltic amber teething necklaces... my son wore them during the day and off at night and it made a HUGE difference. The necklaces are not to chew on... they replace a natural oil into the skin that's a pain killer... we went from giving him Tylenol. motrin, teething tablets, and orajel (and STILL had a miserable baby) from getting these necklaces and only on rare occasions giving him a single dose of medication before bed! We ordered ours online from Europe where they are a very common thing with babies... (in the U.S. they are WAY over priced)
    In the mean time, your baby is also old enough for motrin now, which is better for pain and inflammation... I would try that before bed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Teething is something you have to wait out. Oragel by the way makes teething worse and numbs everything but where the pain is. Also lying flat is very excrutiating when you have mouth pain. If you breastfeed, nursing is very soothing. If she's six months or older cool foods like cucumber spears or mango spears or a whole cold apple are nice to chomp on.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Get some Teething Tablets.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2010