at what age.................

should your child be useing the bathroom at night rather than wearing a pullup to bed?

cielo1

Asked by cielo1 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, I started training mine at 2.5...I went straight to underwear even at night. He was trained in 4 days..although he had maybe 3 accidents in 6 months..after that, he never had any.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Mine was at two.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Mine was right after he turned 3...
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 12:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think kids are all different. Little kids bladders grow at different rates, and stages. I've heard people say 7 year olds still have accidents!! My dd just turned 4 and she still isn't capable. If she does pee in the night it doesn't even phase her, she doesn't even wake up... :( The doctor says it's perfectly normal!
    So obviously it varies from kid to kid.
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 2:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My daughter is 3 will be 4 in April and i am hoping she will be out of the nightime pullup by 4. But she is using underwear all day long and pullups at night and only pees sometimes in the pullup but she never wakes up in the night. I think it does depend on the kid and i would say 5 would be the oldest for a nighttime pullup...just my opion good luck sweetie and god bless
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It can take a long time for children to be dry at night after they are toilet trained during the day. It is a matter of body maturity. I know children who were dry by age 6 and others who were dry by the age of 10. It varies widely.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:07 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My son was potty trained at 2 and 8 months and night time pull ups stopped a little after he was 3
    Nyokah

Answer by Nyokah at 2:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• well, mine train on their 3rd B-day, and within 2 weeks they are fully night trained, mind you thus has successfully worked with 3 children so far
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• DS was potty trained at 2.5 and we didn't use pull-ups. Diapers to "under-roos". And he had maybe 2-3 accidents in the first few months, but not one since.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My son was 3 years. He potty trained completely in 2 weeks though.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 28, 2010