All about sex

Before kids, I loved sex and I could of had it multiple times a day with my now hubby. After kids, I am just too tired or just NOT interested at all and hardly ever. Is this something for me to be concerned about?

I have 2 kids under 3 by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• not at all you are tired and much rather would sleep im the exact same way.....i have a 5 year old and a 2 year old and im prego and my sex drive is complety gone.....i had a lil before i got prego but now its gone....i choose sleep
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Are you on birth control? That could be part of the problem. The pill KILLS my sex drive.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• nope! you are normal lol i have a 4 year old and a one year old and sex is the last thing on my mind..sometimes we hit our "stride" but it's not often anymore
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It is certainly expected that a mom, or a dad, will be tired once a family is started.
    Sex is often relegated to the back burner, whenever it happens, happens.

However, the real question is:
    Is it becoming a problem for your marriage?

Does your spouse feel neglected or lonely?
    Had he made comments about the lack of action?

If so, listen to him. He is just as important (as is your marriage)
    as your kids. Yes, he has different needs and wants, but they
    are valid as well.

Make time for him, and for you.
    Make it regular, each week if you can.
    Get a sitter, family member, daycare to watch the kids.

Go on a date, have dinner, stay in and watch a movie.
    Make love after, during, before. Talk to one another,
    laugh together. Enjoy one another again, and it might
    be better than it was before kids.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 12:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Your normal...two kids under three....enough said! Don't worry in time you will be back in the game
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• With two kids under the age of three, you are probably just tired, and who could blame you? You still should take some time with your husband though. Maybe you can get a babysitter one night and the two of you could go out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:19 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• This is normal, you are just tired and your body has been through a lot in the last few years. You will eventually start to feel that way again, maybe not exactly the same level of desire, but you will be more interested for sure.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 10:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• This is a constant battle at my house. I have 3 little ones, two of which we still have to physically move outta our bed nightly. Several times a nite. There is never a good nites sleep. On top of that, my hubby works until after 10 pm every nite. He usually comes home with our best friend, they work together, for a couple beers. By the time he leaves I am so exhausted that sex is the last thing I wanna think about. If I do stay up for it it usually goes down at 2 am and then its 3 am by the time I am heading to bed which leaves 3 marvelous hours of sleep! 3 hours! For years! I love love love sex. There is only so much us mamas can take. It takes a lot of to run a family, especially with very little ones like yourself. It's not u, it is very hard mama. Maybe u guys could make some changes to schedules to allow for morning or daytime nookie, before you are so exhausted. Oh, and birth control kills my sex drive.
    indigogirls

Answer by indigogirls at 7:31 PM on Oct. 28, 2010