Is some job better than no job?

My old boss wants me back, I don't really like the job. It pays only $12.00 even though I don't like the job should I take it. Should I take it because having a job is better than not having a job. What do you think?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have gone back to two jobs both being jobs i LOVED. Must say I hated it and it was extremely hard to even do a decent job. I had moved on from it... I'm sure it would be better to go back to a job you didn't like. Your expectations are lower and you might be suprised (depending on how long you have been gone) it could be good. If your previous boss liked you that much you could even negotiate some of the parts of the job that made it less enjoyable and create a job you would love (or at least stand for a while)
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 7:36 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would jump on $12 an hour! Around here, that's a decent amount of money, since most places are minimum wage. I would kill for a job with that pay right now lol. If you hate it, though, it's probably better to just keep looking for something else.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I do think that the only way to get ahead in a career, build a retirement and a skill set is to be out there in the workforce. You never know- a connection in this job could lead to another job. Many people have worked their way up from the bottom. So yes, I think any job is better than no job if your goal is to have a career.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• YES!! I do believe that any job (aside from stripping or something equally gross) is worth taking. OMG, not having a paycheck and not having a place to go would be so depressing! TAKE IT!!! Good deal!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• do you need a job bad? you may not like the job but if its going to provide for your family then id say yes a bad job is better then no job and dont forget you can always still be looking for a better job you will like. you dont have to give up because you go back to work for him. If your not in a desperate situation for a job then maybe its ok to pass it up. depends on your situation.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• A job is a job is a job. I'd take it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'd kill for that job right now. I can't find anything. So, yes, any job (right now at least) is better than no job.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It depends on your situation. If you are in need of a job and haven't had any luck otherwise, then yes. If you have other options or are okay without a job for now then no. Generally you should never take back a job you're not happy with. However, in some dire situations it may be your only option.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You may not like your job, but it seems that your boss was impressed with you to the point that he wants you back. If you really need the money, I would say yes. $12 an hour is pretty good in my book.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No I do not think that any job is better than no job. I am currently a SAHM. Since I do not have enough family able to watch my son for free during the week, I would have to pay for my son to be in daycare or at a babysitters...which is usually around $10 an hour. If I work 40 hours a week...thats $400 a week alone I would be paying in childcare. That means I would have to find a job that paid like $20 an hour (which is non-existant currently where I live) to even come out in the end with taxes and everything taken out of my pay check. So I choose to stay home for the time being because I would rather spend those 40 hours with my son than work to pay a babysitter and have like $100 left over. So no, some circumstances do not make sense to just have a job for the sake of having a job.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010