co sleepling toddler......

we have a 18month old who has always co slept with us but we have baby number two on the way and hes a ruff sleeper he takes up alot of room and kicks alot in his sleep so now hes gotten to the point where we need to transition him to his own bed. he climbs out of his crib so we got a toddler bed for him. Any ideas as to how to help him sleep in his own bed with out making him cry it out hate that methode and dont agree with it so please for those of you that use it id prefer you didnt tell me to do that thanks. to each there own but we want a no cry way. Any moms in our shoes please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my ds is 14 months old and still sleeps in my room...i put his toddler bed between the wall and my bed that way he has his own space but is still right beside me GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I also have a 14 month old that still sleeps in my bed with me and I am quickly going to be in the same boat as you. Haha. And I as well, don't agree with letting them cry it out. A few people have suggested to me that I bring my son's toddler bed in the room and start putting him in that...he'll still be in the room, but just in his own bed. Once he gets used to that, start moving the bed further and further away from our bed. Like to the end of the bed and then out into the hallway even, and eventually into his own room. In theory it sounds like good advice but I don't have the room in my house to try that yet, so we'll have to wait. LOL
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Just a thought, but if you never make the child stay in his own bed or room, and you don't ever want him to cry, are you prepared to have him in your room until he's like 10? Trying to make a child become a well adjusted, normal child that needs to sleep in his own bed, for not only your comfort, but for theirs as well, it's going to take discipline. Sounds like you are trying to take a lazy way out. Being a parent requires discipline, strength and endurance, it's definitely not for wimps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2010