What are some good ways to tone up your stomach after babys!! Want really good answers plz

Ok I'm 20 i have a 19mnth old(1 & 1/2) and a 5month old. Their 14months apart so basically I've had them back to back. I weighed 143 before kids do you think it's possible for me to be that small again?? I went up 200 with both pregnancy's but I'm 5/8 so i don't look fat. But since I've been dieting I've lost a lot off weight in 2wks I've lost 9lbs. But i had 2 c-sections so the bottom of my stomach is still loose i feel like there's no muscle tone there anymore:( Any advice ?? Plz you cafe mom friends always give me motivation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You will have more difficulty getting that tummy back just because of the C-section. But!...you can help it a lot. My DIL bought two DVD's after my oldest granchild was born. She did them 15 minutes every day and in 3 months she was back to pre-pregnancy, maybe even better They were called Tae Bo. She was on active duty then and only had a very short time to get back into uniform regulation. She doesn't really diet per se...just tries to watch portions.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yeah, I would try something fun like Zumba. Anything like dance where you are working out but not really feeling like you are, is good. If that makes sense. I had c-sections as well so for me, anything that makes me feel bloated will affect that region. It's like that is the only area that gets bloated! LOL! Try to watch anything that makes you feel bloated, such as carbonated beverages, gum chewing, etc, along with exercising.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i'm 5'8" and was 187 after my son....i have lost 27lbs so far just by eating small meals and i do bollywood dance workouts in my home, i'm too shy for zumba lol gl
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I had 2 c-section births and thought my stomach would never look normal again, lol!
    It took some time, effort, and committment! but I did eventually gain my stomach muscles and my toned abdomen back.
    I did sit-ups every other day, 3 sets of 20, as well as other exercises targeting my abs (crunches, twists, lunges, etc). You just have to do them faithfully, regularly.
    Look up online exercises specifically targeting the stomach muscles and set up a similiar routine. Give it a few weeks, and you will see a difference. Keep up with it, and add more as you go.

Good luck!
    Momluv269

Answer by Momluv269 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• All the above advice is great! I would also think about adding a Pilates DVD to your ab workout. My problem area has always been my stomach but when I do pilates it firms and tightens that area beautifully. Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I agree with shanlaree - pilates is really great. I splurged and take Pilates classes with the reformer machines, but I'm sure the videos or mat classes work really well too. I've also tried to cut out some carbs, not all, to help with the belly bulge. It's getting better over time.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2010