I really need an opinion on this.....

I made a post recently about my neighbors smoking pot in their apartment downstairs and the smell is coming through our vents. Is it possible for someone to feel effects from them smoking it downstairs through the vents? I haven't had a chance to ask my landlord about this problem yet. But I do intend to.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes. With pot, you can get a contact high from the fumes coming through the vents. Take it up with your landlord.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:45 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Any smell that is coming up through your vents is not good for you, unless of course, it's fresh baked cookies and they are willing to share! LOL! I wouldn't be happy with smoke of any kind.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• no you can't get high off of it coming through your vents but i would say something to the neighbors 1st and if they didn't comply, then tell the landlord
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Are you sure it is pot? Hemp incense oil smells very much like pot. Several religions burn this oil as part of prayers and meditation. For you to feel effect it would have to be billowing into your apartment.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Skip the landlord, I would call the police. Nobody should have to breathe that in, especially not children. I think I would live outside before living with that.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 1:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• YES U COULD GET A HEAD CHANGE FROM THE SECOND HAND SMOKE BUT PROLLY ONLY IF YOU GOT YOUR HEAD TO THE VENT ALL NIGHT.....YEAH I WOULD SAY SOMETHING TO THE NIEGHBORS FIRST...BUT THAT COULD BE A PRETTY WIERD CONVERSATION.......( excuse me sir could you smoke your pot outside I think im getting hgh with you...lol)....crazzzy ...good luck
    lechnermomof4

Answer by lechnermomof4 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 28, 2010