why is my cat...

Constantly following me and laying on my belly, hip or at my feet?? Lol. Im pregnant so I assume she detects the baby??

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 1:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My cat was always fiercely protective of me to begin with, but she got very affectionate and possessive when I was pregnant. She would sit on my belly when I was on the computer at night and when she thought I had been up late enough, she would lay on the keyboard until I got the hint and went to bed. Once in bed, she would curl up on my pillow, right next to my head, and would stay there all night.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 3:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yes i'm sure she detects the baby...it's kinda sweet. cats are amazing and i think they can be just as protective as dogs...she probably wants to take care of u and is excited about the baby too.
    mademsofia

Answer by mademsofia at 1:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Ahh...she is just being loving with you both. or she just might be feeling frisky.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• She's being protective of you. And she's also liking the extra heat you're throwing off.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:24 AM on Oct. 28, 2010