If you have a ghost/spirit/whatever you like to call them in your house, do you ever just talk to them?

Like walking through the house, if you kind of feel like he/she/it is present, will you carry on a conversation (with or without getting a response)? I do that all the time lol. Sometimes I can feel it lurking around and I'll start talking to it about something.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I talk to my mother when she pops in (usually because I have been thinking about her). I playfully argue with my "foster" mom, Joyce, about the grief she put me through when she was alive (a holy-rolling christian who made it her mission to bring me back into the church). I have chided my great Aunt Violet who was a harridan during her lifetime and caused me several childhood traumas (including once forcing me to eat an egg with a clot of blood in it). I spoke with the female spirit who haunted my old house every time I went down to the basement to sew. Fear tied her to the spot where she had been killed--the bathroom next to the sewing room. They DO answer--sometimes only in images that they plant in your mind or certain words or phrases that pop up out of nowhere. I used to be able to see them, but consider myself lucky that I can, at least, still hear them.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i feel like my grandmother's spirit is still here and i talk to her all the time
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I know my mother's spirit is here with me and yes I talk to her. I ask for her guidance, tell her how much I miss her, etc. It brings me peace of mind
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i use to be able to feel the spirit's presence at my FIL's house. when i did we talked...well i talked. then i got mad at her when she was messing w/ my infant DD and told her off pretty harshly (i was in tears b/c i was so worked up!). i havent felt her since and all the weird stuff stopped. i still talk to the air in the house hoping she'll come back. hmm...maybe when the kid im pregnant with is born she will come back! i think she just likes to play w/ her great grandchildren.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yep I talk to them. In my house, if I see them other places. Doesn't bother me
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:24 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I had to apologize to the one we call George one time. I yelled at him to stop making so much noise and I realized that it wasn't him but the cats and squirrels. We had squirrels that would come sit on our window sills and mock the cats.

I tend to talk to myself and my critters (three cats, one dog) more than the spirits. They get talked to occasionally though. George followed us from the old house to hubby's mom's. Plus his dad has been seen. Our son has showed up once or twice ... I think that was just to let us know that everything was okay. Hubby's grandma has been felt, but not seen. Both hubby and I tend to attract spirits.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Only the guardians or ones I know. Other than that if you are in my house, uninvited, then you will be escorted back to the place that was reserved for you.
    Anonymous

• I've always had the "gift" to see, hear and sense spirits more than the average person. And I've never been shy about speaking or interacting with them. Spirits come in all forms, just like people, many need or want interaction, others do not... I don't push it, but if and when they show that need or want, I'm always welcome to accommodate.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:18 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Umm.... No.
    Mandyof3

Answer by Mandyof3 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• no. i just let it be, going about my business. i was single for a large part of my adulthood, and if i talked to spirits, along with talking to myself (which i still do )..i'd be locked up and medicated.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2010