1ST BIRTHDAY IDEA'S

My son is turning 1 and I was wondering if there are fun idea's for it?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Its Nov 8 and we are celebrating it Nov 9th
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• whens his bday?
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We just did my son's first B-day. I initially wanted to have a huge party, but I ended up just doing cake and icecream and presents. All the parent's brought thier kids and stayed. We had him open presents (with help) Then he got to dig into his personal cake. Then I served cake and icecream. The kids played with the toys and everyone just visited. It was so NOT STRUCTURED...which is so NOT ME! But everyone had fun.

Just don't over do it. It's stressful enough as it is.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Because they're so young and probably won't remember it, I wouldn't go and spend a hundred bucks or more on a themed birthday. It will be a waste of money. For a themed party, wait until they're old enough to remember and old enough to actually enjoy it. I would say maybe four years old or so for a themed birthday party. My daughter turns 2 ten days after your son turns 1; I think we're just going to have family and friends get together and then have cake, ice cream and open presents.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We just did pink and and puple colored stuf....plates, balloons, etc. I know hes a boy, but my point was we didnt do a themed party, just kept the decoartions simple and girly colored. We ended up spending alot more the following year on her Dora party! I would just keep it simple and inexpensive, he wont remember it anyway!
    Weesmom

Answer by Weesmom at 4:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2008