So tired

Haven't had a good nite sleep in 3 days. What should I do? I'm going nuts here.

Mandyof3

Asked by Mandyof3 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• can you take sleeping pills over the counter or prescribed by your dr. or take a few sips of liquor.
    If nothing seems to work go get yourself checked out with your dr. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Benadryl may also help you sleep and it's not addictive, unlike alcohol and sleeping pills. Be careful if you are breastfeeding. In the baby section I think there is a lavender baby bath and lotion that helps calm babies. Honestly, I use it on myself. I take a hot bath and that works like a charm for me. You did not say why you think you are not sleeping. Stress, kids, job, too much caffiene? If you were a little more specific, you may get a better answer.
    happycboys

Answer by happycboys at 2:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I take Melatonin at night, a half hour before bed, to help me sleep. It's found in the herbal/vitamin section of most stores and is a naturally occuring substance in your body that helps regulate the sleep cycle. It is safe, effective, non habit forming, and does not require a prescription. You can usually find it in two strengths - 3mg and 5mg. Start with the lower dose and give it at least a week to build up in your system before deciding if it works or not.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 3:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Have you tried sleepy time tea? I have friends who love it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Do you have a bedtime routine? Sometimes that can help signal your body that it's time to sleep. It's not a quick fix, but it can really help in the long run.
    Sometimes when I'm laying in bed and my mind is racing with thoughts, I force myself to say "Sleeeeeeeeeep" with my exhales. It stops the other thoughts if I actively, consciously think it, enough to calm my mind for sleep.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• HVE YOU TALK TO UR DOCTOR ABOUT IT I GOT THE SAME PROBLEM I TRY DIFFRENT MEDICATION BUT DONT WORK AT ALL..
    glory2010

Answer by glory2010 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010