What's a good parenting book?

something positive.

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 1:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I've heard good things about Happiest Baby on the Block, and Happiest Toddler on the Block.
    You might try those.

LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 2:42 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• There are so many to choose from, but I have to say that my best book ended up being my mother. If I had questions I could get an answer and decide wether or not I agreed. If that doesn't help, American Baby magazine has tips for babies of all ages. It is great for ideas on items you might be looking for, activities to do with your baby and much more. Also, i was able to get a subscription for hardly anything at all.
    kristinhise

Answer by kristinhise at 2:58 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Dare to Discipline was the most common sense book I've read on parenting, ever. It's what my parents raised me on, I read it in my teens when I was bored, and when I became a mom I bought the New Dare to Discipline by Dr. Dobson.

Answer by missanc at 10:23 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• My favorites were:
    Your Baby and Child From Birth to Age 5 by Penelope Leach (I bought for a couple different friends that had children and they loved it)
    The 7 Things Your Teen Won't Tell You and How to Talk About Them Anyway by Robin Deutsch & Jenifer Marshall Lippincott (This one was amazing for me and how to deal with both my boys as they hit their tweens - the 3 basic rules in the book have been great for our family)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Love and Logic books. Also Montell Williams has a book out called Practical Parenting, that I found really insightful.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 5:08 PM on Oct. 28, 2010