Sleeping 9 month old..

My son wakes up 4 to 7 times a night! How can I get him to sleep and get him to stay asleep without having to rock him or hold him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do not know if this will work. But perhaps he needs to put himself back to sleep. If you always do it, he will not learn to do it for himself.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Well I know that but I don't know how I can get him to do that and it is so frustrating because I get NO sleep plus I have school.
    amberena

Answer by amberena at 2:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• You know what, I am not a well experienced mother, only having my first child that is now two, ut when my daughter would go to sleep for her naps we would keep her around everyone so that she could get used to sleeping while there were noises. I didn't have to worry about her waking up if someone walked into the room while she was napping, and it worked. Well, at night she would wake up crying and it seemed like she was having nightmares, but what would a neworn baby have nightmares about? So I started playing music for her at night. Nothing crazy, just turn on the radio and turn it down so she could hear it without everyone else hearing it. It worked! Not only was she sleeping the whole night through, but it helped when it came time to put her in her own bedroom. Maybe you could try it. I think I also heard that playing classical music while you sleep may help in brain development, but don"t quote me on it, lol. Good luck!!!
    kristinhise

Answer by kristinhise at 2:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2010