• In the Spotlight:

Does this sound familiar? I am 39 weeks and having menstral cramping that is NOT going away, no rest on top of irregular contractions?

This is my third pregnacy and I do no remember having so much discomfort at all times. It feels like I am having my period and bad menstral cramps that are not stopping! And then I will have contractions every 5, 6, and 7 mintues. Did this happen to you?

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 4:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I agree that it sounds like labor. One of the differences with "real" contractions is that they feel like horrible menstrual cramps. Keep timing them, and head to the hospital once they get more regular. Congratulations, mama!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• lol It happened all right, and a few hours later I was holding my baby.
    I'd go to the hospital. Sounds like labor.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 4:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Have you tried laying down and drinking a LARGE glass of water? you might be dehydrated.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 4:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Thanks everyone, I am still so crampy. The contractions slowed down for a bit but are still there. This must be the hours before active labor I have to look forward to.
    AmyLynn5398

Comment by AmyLynn5398 (original poster) at 8:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes, I had them so bad. I went to the hospital and they sent me home. I never did go into labor and ended up having a scheduled c-section.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010