Daughter Pees Straight Forward - Any advice

My 3 yr old is doing great at going potty, but when she does, she pees straight forward, rather than down. She ends up peeing over the top of the potty seat and on to her pants, the floor, etc. We have tried having her keep her legs open, her legs closed, or sit back more and it almost always still comes out the front. Any ideas? She is getting extremely frustrated and asked to go back to pull-ups the other day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe have her lean FORWARD more instead of leaning back? so that it helps aim more downwards?
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 5:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I agree with above mom & keep legs closed.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 5:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• From what I understand this is quite normal for some girls. My daughter can stand and pee better then her brother! On the potty though I have her lean forward and close her legs tightly. It helps quite a bit.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Asking her to keep her legs closed should help! It just may be that when she's sitting she's leaning back a little further than typical to keep her balance. That would make ithe stream go forward! You may also want to suggest that she leans the top of her body toward her legs. Either one should help. It really depends on what's more comfortable for her to do. Lots of times, it's really a balance issue!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:26 PM on Oct. 28, 2010