Why is it?

Why is it people get so mad saying you are trying push Jesus on us?When you can't even turn on the tv with a gay person being in it.They pushing that on us.I don't hate gays,don't get me wrong I have family and friends that are and I love them.I do not suport them,in there life style.Most the shows they have for teens have gay people in them.I think it is confusing are youth what do you think?I am not tying to upset people.This just how I feel

bucky77

Asked by bucky77 at 5:17 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• What I am reading and understanding is that you are not only speaking of them pushing themselves on you but the lifestyle. I completely agree that through te news and television programs, homosexuality is being pushed on us. Just like I think it's wrong for a Christian to blatantly yell at or tell someone "You're going to Hell because you don't believe," I think it is equally wrong to call someone a "bigot" or whatever because that person disagrees with the homosexual lifestyle. I think there are many immoral issues on television. My daughter's only 3 so she doesn't really understand yet, but I think that the amout of attention it's getting along with all the other stuff they see that is on so many shows today, may be confusing to our youth..well maybe not confusing, but misleading.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• the difference being in your example is that gays aren't trying to convert people into being gay and don't get all upset about it when you don't want to be gay or refuse to have anything to do with them.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Two points I'd love to have you elucidate:

First of all, what are gays "pushing on" you? Are they trying to convert you to gayness? How do they go about doing that?

Secondly, what rights are Christians losing?  I keep hearing Christians complain about this, but haven't heard about anything specific.  Since you've just made that claim, maybe you can explain what you mean.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• being gay is not a religion or a belief. if you are going to complain about that, then you must also complain about heterosexauls on television too. What you have is a faith and a belief. What they are is a FACT and reality. I would say, get over it.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 5:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Gays aren't pushing their lifestyle on anyone but they are fighting for the same basic human rights that everyone else enjoys.

As for TV, I don't think it is confusing at all but it could be very helpful to teens who are struggling with their sexual orientation.  All modern TV's come equipped with a remote control so if you don't like what you are watching, use it!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Television is just finally reflecting real life. There are blacks, hispanics, orientals, gays, straights, alcoholics, teetotlers, sex addicts, drug addicts, positive AND negative in real life. You may be upset, not because there is a gay character in a show, but because it is showing them as real, feeling people with a range of real emotions and real problems. And you don't want to think of them as human beings. You want to think of them as deviants. The same goes for witches, or atheists, or buddhists, etc. Christians are notoriously reluctant to acknowlege reality, where innocent children are stricken with horrific diseases and birth defects and where there are actually people who DON'T believe in god or Jesus. I haven't really tried to "convert" anyone to atheism as christians do, but I feel that I have to make sure you know and remember that we are out here.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you feel that your rights are being taken away, then YOU are allowing it...but they are NOT...
    Gay ppl (that I have known and met) DO NOT push their life style upon anyone...
    But religion is another story. Many (I did not say ALL), but many religious types will hound you, follow you
    harass you and even go as far as stalking or going after our children to get us to convert.
    As for bad example for the youth, honestly no, (tho I am a believer of the divine, NOT Christian), I believe that religion being shown on tv is just as bad of an example at times as anything else shown on tv, it is
    in how YOU interpret it and use the information...

JMO
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:04 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Honestly I would rather watch a show with gays on it than that idiotic reality tv crap.

None. Not a single one of the gay people I know have tried to "push" themselves on me. I have been flirted with, but that is no different than a guy flirting with me. I tell them the same thing guys get told ... flattered but happily married.

No, I don't think it confuses our (not "are") teens. What confuses them is religion telling them what they are feeling is wrong and that they (teen) are going to Hell because of it.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Dude did you guys not read the whole thing.Gay's are in my life I have something to do with them.And yes a lot of them do try to get you try it.I have had a lot of people try to push it on me.I never said I was pissed about it.Do you think it confuses are teens?Nether one of you answered the question.You guys are the ones who got mad.This what I believe so this is the right place.It seems like people who believe in Jesus there rights are slowly being taken away.I don't push my believes on any one,I can hang out with people who don't believe and have fun.
    bucky77

Comment by bucky77 (original poster) at 6:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yeah I agree with you on that,I believe religion on tv can sometime confuse people.
    bucky77

Comment by bucky77 (original poster) at 7:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2010