Did you choose where you live based ont he school district?

Luisa621

Asked by Luisa621 at 5:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes - I chose the area of the county I live in due to there being better schools on this side of town. The houses are more expensive here, but the kids schools are more important to me than my house.

Answer by missanc at 10:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes. we live in an OK rental townhome community but the schools for our zone are fantastic.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 6:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• There are two towns that I really liked for different reasons.One of the towns had better schools then the other. We ended up renting in the town with the better schools, it just worked out that way. I am happy with the schools so far.
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• well, if we lived igermany or california or illinois etc. we would still be in the same scooldstrict, so no .....LOL ( DODEA US ARMY)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No never did.

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i am considering moving because i no longer have to stay in this district for my SKs. I like the schools here for some things - its small and I am comfortable with the staff, but I want better education for my daughter. my SKs moved school districts because of their mom and it just magnified the fact that the school district here is not where I want it to be for my daughter. She is only 2 so I have time.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes! I think its very important!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No, we moved where we could afford to.  That was our main criteria.  Doesn't matter how great the schools are if we can't afford the rent.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Somewhat. We bought my husbands family home where he grew up. My kids are and will go to all the same schools that he and I did. I went to the Junior/High school here, but grew up in a different neighborhood in the elementary yrs. We like this town and the school is one of the top in the state for public schools so we're happy. But we didn't necessarily go out of our way to live here, we just sort of stayed.=)
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 5:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yes we did. We will not live in certain locations because of the school our daughter would be attending.
    youngmamma11

Answer by youngmamma11 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 28, 2010