Is it normal for me (15 weeks 6days) pregnant that i am having a terrible itching problem?

Is it normal for me (15 weeks 6days) pregnant that i am having a terrible itching problem for the last 4 weeks!? On both legs, hips,bossom, back, and arms, pretty much every place, except my face and my scalp. it is so bad that it keeps me up at night, and i scratch until i bleed. and the scratching relieve only holds on for a very short time.And i know it's not fleas, because i would have found them by now. I wash my bedding regularly, and shower often.

What can i do? How can i stop the itching? And I don't dare to use creams against the itch, i could buy over the counter, because of the pregnancy.

Thanks for reading
Miriam

MiriamKemuri

Asked by MiriamKemuri at 5:45 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• You can use hydrocortisone cream, which is safe during pregnancy. But I would make an appointment with your doctor to hemp you figure this one out. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I THINK U SHOULD CALL YOUR DOCTOR IT COULD BE SOMETHING I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IT COULDNT STOP THE ICHING WHEN I SAW THE DOCTOR THEY TOLD ME THAT I HAD SCABY.. IM NOT SAYING U GOT IT BUT IS GOOD TO GET CHECK. IT MY BE ALLERGY.
    glory2010

Answer by glory2010 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• ok, thank you.
    MiriamKemuri

Comment by MiriamKemuri (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2010