Do you use re-usable bags at the grocery store or do you use plastic?

Britmum72

Asked by Britmum72 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I use the reusable. Not for the environment or anything. I just like that they hold more and don't break on me LOL plus I don't have a pile of bags I don't know what do with other than trash them (OK so partly environmental) They're also easier to carry, I can put the straps on my shoulder like a purse instead of having to hold them.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• re-usable.... It's so much easier...

I have 3 large ones; and that is all I need to hold a weeks worth of groceries!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I got a bunch of reusable ones, but I always forget to take them!!!
    Anonymous

• I have re-usable bags but ALWAYS forget to take them with me when I go shopping! LOL My daughter's diaper refills are made of biodegradable(sp?) plastic. Why cant they make it that way for the supermarket, etc........?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I use the reuseable ones. I keep them in my car so I don't forget them.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well, a little of both. The grocery store I go to charges for bags. They cost $.10 but are GREAT quality. Large, thick and strong with strong handles... So we use and reuse them... I spent $1 on bags and they will last us for 6 months to a year or longer... IF I'm going to a different store I use what they have.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• my reasons are the same as flutterfae... I only need the 3 bags (as I mention earlier) and so I don't have all these bag around the house...nor I'm throwing more then needed....which honestly saves me money!!! Our garbage bill is based on how much we throw away...the less garbage I have the cheaper my bill is!!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I use reuseable bags too. I keep them in the back of both cars. They can make biodegradable plastic bags. I am on the green team at school and we are getting some ordered for our holiday house. I was just curious to see how many mums use the bags.
    Britmum72

Answer by Britmum72 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• plastic.
    Anonymous

• lol I bet if all the stores started charging for the bags more people would be using the smarter reusable kind. or at least reusing the 847 bags floating around the house.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2008