How old was your LO when you began to read to them?

adelinasmommy

Asked by adelinasmommy at 6:25 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• 2 or 3
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• a month old or so? was pretty early on.
    katiPeas

Answer by katiPeas at 6:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• from birth
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I startred reading to them right after they were born. My husband and I both love to read and I wanted my children to learn to love it as well. It was also a great way to spend time with my children as they got older. Even now at 13, 11 and 9 we still read out loud together.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• womb! Literally. Dh used to read them books through my belly. Then we would read simple books with LOTS of color to our newborn and short stories to out toddler...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I also starting reading before they were born.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:24 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Maybe 2 months or so
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:15 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• about 2
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Literally not even born yet. I started reading my books out loud while pregnant so he would get used to my voice and then after birth I read out loud from my books until he was about 6 months or so and then it was all his books. I love to read and my children love to be read to (5 and 3 years). My sons kindergarten teacher actually asked me about this at our conference because she said that is the only thing he gets really excited about is reading time. He tries to sit as close to her as he can and then recites the words as she reads under his breath like a little parrot (he does the same thing at home). They get a story guaranteed before bed every night and my toddler usually gets 3-4 more during the day.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• well if you count reading out loud before birth i did that....but i would say from birth. i still wish i read to her more. she is only two so there are some days we barely get through two books and others we read 6 lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2010