how do you know if you are pregnant with a boy?? Others the getting an ultrasound saying it is a boy??

Anjela_marie

Asked by Anjela_marie at 11:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• At around 18 weeks they should be able to see the baby's gender in an ultrasound. Sometimes the baby doesn't want you to know until his or her birthday, though!!
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 11:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Most of the time, but not always boys are down low.
    starbucks_mama

Answer by starbucks_mama at 11:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Its hard to tell I was pregnant with a boy for my first and carried low, but my second was way different even carried so high my ribs were hurting from him and his pressure, and SWORE up and down was a girl and even had everyone and even ppl who didnt know me it was a girl and at the ultrasound sure enough it was a boy, and now i have my 2 boys
    SavannahMoMHC2

Answer by SavannahMoMHC2 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Can't really say! The doctor told me I was having a girl with BOTH my pregnancies even after looking at the ultrasound and I had boys both times! They managed to hide that thing very well! Plus, the doctor said that the heart rate for girls is faster than boys (normally), and they were going by that. I knew the 2nd one was a boy because I carried him the same exact way as I had the 1st. The doc still thought it'd be a girl!
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 12:31 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I WAS CALM AND COLLECTED WITH MY BOYS....
    I WAS A TOTAL RANTING RAVING BITCH WITH MY GIRLS.....
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 3:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I think the heartbeat can be acurrate. The chinese calemder was incorrect for almost everyone I know. Also, I think your body tells you.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Don't believe any of the superstition. The heart beat thing is inaccurate. I asked my doctor and he said that the difference is too close to really tell. Also I took a test and answered all these weird questions saying I was having a girl, and it was a boy. If you are only allowed 1 ultrasound I would suggest waiting until 20 weeks if you can. That's when the gender is definitly there. You may not be able to tell though. Sometimes you just have to wait.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 10:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I am not one to believe the superstitions either, but you kind of get wrapped up in it. I have several friends that swear by the Chinese numerology method and they are living proof of it. But because you have to know what month you concieved in, it didn't work with me because both of mine could have been concieved either at the end or start of the month and I was never sure which.
    tagonoo

Answer by tagonoo at 10:32 PM on Jul. 7, 2008