My Dishwasher is not cleaning my dishes! What should I try before I call the repairman?

I have checked that the water is going in and out okay, has anyone tried the dishwasher cleaner that is on the market? I have never used one, so I am curious to know if it works! Thanks mommas!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 8:47 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We just used the Finish Dishwasher Cleanser earlier this week and it made our scuzzy dishwasher sparkling clean. Haven't ran a cycle since cleaning it, but I've heard it helps in getting the dishes cleaner.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Get in there and wash it out completely. Take the bottom strainer out. Clean around the rubber rims. Run the dishwasher through with a cup of vinegar. Then see if it working better.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• have you checked the trap where all the stuff gose we had that problem befor
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 8:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I cant think of the name . If you go to where you buy ur soap for the dishwasher, there is a cleaner there. It works really nice. It removes rust ,calcium just try that ...
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 9:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i use CLR in my dishwasher once a month and it does wonders.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• really zoey.. your advice was oh so useful NOT how stupid... id check the trap as well we have also had that problem
    mnmommy83

Answer by mnmommy83 at 8:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I agree to try CLR and use the Finish dish washing soap.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• This is going to sound weird but I swear it works if you have gunk clogging up the bottom of your dishwasher. Get a packet of KoolAid Lemonade (no other type will work) put it in the soap dispenser and run the dishwasher on pots and pan cycle. It cleans it out totally and is far cheaper than buying dishwasher cleaner.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:19 AM on Oct. 29, 2010