Is there a particular way you prefer to Call the Corners?

Would you be willing to share it here?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• First of all, it's usually "Call the Quarters" as Circles do not have corners. :-P

And if I'm doing a small, solitary ritual, I usually just say "By the Earth that is Her Body, the Air that is Her Breath, the Fire that is Her bright Spirit, and the living Waters of Her Womb" as I point to the North, East, South, and West, respectively.

However, with my Circle... We, as a group, are so Eclectic, that we decided that whoever is "in charge" of the Ritual, gets to do the Ritual in (his or) her own way. For instance, last May we had a ritual run by a "Crazy Virgo with CDO (that's OCD, in alphabetical order)" where we did the Quarters...in alphabetical order!!

Whatever works! To each their own!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• whats that?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Some pagans call the corners before starting a ritual. It's like an invitation to let them elemental spirits come in and help with whatever you're doing.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• In my personal practice I don't call corners or even cast a circle. But during public ritual, the corners are called. There are quite a few ways to do so. It really depends on the ritual if the style is changed to changed to what. So it's hard to say what I prefer. Our group has never had a set ritual. It's always designed for the Sabbats and changes according to the wishes of the planners. But go with your gut in calling corners. Just don't forget to dismiss / thank them afterwards. :)
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yes.. my best friend from my old coven and I wrote them together and I love ours.. They are all balanced and match our god and goddess invocations. I do not keep them on my computer they are only hand written in my BOS, if I get a chance to go get my stuff I will share them.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 1:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I don't think any one way is better than another, but I usually call Earth, Air, Fire, Water, in that order.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:12 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I generally don't. I have never seen any reason to cast a full circle for my personal rituals. However, I tend to believe that if you are more comfortable starting in with Earth, do it... If you are more comfortable starting with Air, do it... Do what speaks to you, unless you are in a group, then do what works for everyone.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:25 PM on Oct. 28, 2010