What would you do if you found out a spirit resided in your home? Part II

What if this spirit has two sides? It plays games with the children, but is menacing toward you? Do you bring in a paranormal society? What about a psychic?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 8:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Interesting question considering when we first discovered George, he was more of a prankster with me and seemingly did not like hubby. Stole a pair of my panties, but slammed doors and pans around my hubby. I didn't see a need to call in anyone. Don't really trust those kinds of people anyway. I just told George to behave himself. He hasn't been as obnoxious since we moved.

Yes, I know it's him because he stole another pair of panties and dropped them from the closet to let me know it was him. *eye twitch*
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• maybe those at first, but I think I'd just move.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'd do neither. I would burn lots of sage in my home & probably chant some certain Hindu mantra's without paying it any attention. I don't really fear anything like that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Put it in a time out...lol
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We have a number of spirits in our home. I have lived with spirits my entire life... I am not technically "psychic," but I do have the "gift" to sense, see or hear them more than the average person. In a few cases I have had more "menacing" experiences, and I've always been able to either ignore or deal with them myself. I worked with a Paranormal Group for a short time and see a value in contacting a good group should things cross over in to a level of danger, although the majority of the investigating can be done by your average home owner... Our children have never had any real interaction with the spirits here, they tend to see them as a normal thing, although my son doesn't like the "dog" but beyond seeing him, there is no interaction, no relationship positive or negative. If things ever turned negative, I would take the steps to remedy the situation because my family was ever harmed.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:14 PM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Even if it 'played games' (like checkers?) with my kids, I would still try to get rid of it. If I thought it was a soul of a deceased person I would have Mass offered for him/her. If it was a demon, I'd go to my priest for advice on an exorcism.

A psychic? No. A paranormal society? Yes, probably as well as contacting my priest. Isn't there an elderly woman who investigates first, then calls in a priest if she determines an exorcism needs to be done? Or John Zaffis? Yes to both these people.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 1:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2010