What do you fellow Cafe mommers think?????

I for one think this is a wonderful site and wish I would have known about it with my last pregnancies.... I am going on baby # 4 and have learned so many things I didnt know before and met so many wonderful ladies on here. Latley I have noticed alot of negativity and people just being plain hatful when answering someones posts..... alot of women are asking how to cancel their membership because of this!! When someone askes a question why cant someone just answer what the person asked instead of bashing them for it or saying something totally uncalled for or something that wasnt even in the question....I know the whole the cattyness is gonna happen when you get women all together, but some people are on here who really need help and a friendly sincere answer not to be bashed or picked on by someone else who doesnt even know them.... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!!!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in About CafeMom

• *shrug* I think that the people that answer anonymous just so that they can answer rudely and not get hate mail for it need to go. This site is not the place for them. I never answer rudely or anonymously, and I always put thought into what I am going to say when I answer a question. I really appreciate the ladies that take the time to do the same.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'll just go ahead and say what everyone else is going to say...

Yes, there are lots of us that are on here to give good, friendly advice.

But when someone asks a question (anonymously or not) they open themselves and their personal lives up for critique. Some people feel that it's their god-given right to be catty and horrible only because the OP opened themselves up to it. That's one reason I don't ask "controversial" questions. I don't feel like dealing with all the backlash.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have posted this ? before too!! It pisses me off when I see some of the comments that are definetly NOT necessary. PPl can be sooo mean! I think they need to get the hell off the site and get another hobby! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• This question has been posted before. Here are just 2 previous posting on this subject. (previous post 1) and (previous post 2). There are many, many people that are sick and tired of it. CM (cafemom) has taken note of it it. That's why recently they added this warning when choosing to answer anonymously: If you answer anonymously, please make sure your answer is nice, honest, and respectful. Any disrespectful anonymous answers will be removed and your account may be suspended or even canceled. If you see any rude comments just report it to CM that they can take care of it, which may mean cancelling these "rude" accounts!!

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I do not like mean, rude,disrespectful.bashing people either...That is not necessary..I always put thought into my answers..They need to go find a new hobby....

Answer by louise2 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree dont pass judgement, if you cannot answere it respectfully dont answere. They are asking a question and need the help. That is why I joined the site, sometimes ppl need support and dont have any and they should be able to come here for that.
    I say report them when you see them...
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 7:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Yup, def report them when you see them. When there's a site with thousands of women, there's a TON of hormones raging and lots of cattiness roaming around. There will always be those who like to start drama over anything. Just try to stay away from it if you can and if you don't want to report it, delete their comments or don't comment at all and just move onto the next post. That just means UR the better person by moving on. =)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 8:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2008