• In the Spotlight:

Are weddings wastes of precious money in your opinion?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 9:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• The over the top ones are. When they're spending more money on a dress then they would a decent used car. That's a little ridiculous to me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• If you don't have the money it is... People sacrifice to have big beautiful weddings and in the end they are crying the blues...

If you have the money why not!!!! Either way it should not matter, if you love one another getting married anywhere should be enough... You are still going to spend the rest of your life with them.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Some lavish ones are I think, I would much rather use all that money and get a house to start a new life in.

Answer by older at 9:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• to some degree yes. My parents spent $50k on ours and I'd have much rather had the money, since things were so hard at first financially. A small wedding was all we wanted, but our parents had other ideas and then complained about the costs.

But ya I'd have rather had the money which would have helped us in getting a house, cars and paying off old debts.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• if the couple can afford it and it's making them happy to have a huge celebration of their union , let em have fun. Yes, there are better ways of spending money, but what's right for me isn't necessarily what's right for thee. ; )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:29 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I am with mnmommy83. We threw our wedding a reception under 3,000. I made all the centerpieces(which really brings costs down) and my sister in law made our beautiful invitations. We were going to just elope, and have a huge reception for families and friends, but my husband was being stationed in Korea, so we couldn't do that. Our wedding was one of the last big events where all of our families and friends could be together before my husband left, and plus we had a lot of friends and family being deployed the week after our wedding to Iraq. So ours was well worth it.
    Jacobismommy

Answer by Jacobismommy at 9:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yes
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• if you go crazy i do.. we did are whole wedding/reception for just a lil under 3k
    mnmommy83

Answer by mnmommy83 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• No, not if you can afford it. Spending your life-savings on just one evening, that's crazy.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 9:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2010