Really, I just thought I'd share this with you because my kids were confused and laughed over this.

We have a leader for our kids group at church who is wacky. She has good intentions but she is just skatterbrained. Last night, she told our younger kids to only dress up for Halloween as things that God has made. If God didn't make it, don't be it for Halloween. So my daughter told her " Well, I'm the devil" and she looked at her and said " you better hope an angel doesn't show up, you'll be in trouble" My 15 yr old son then told her that she needed to start volunteering in the kitchen instead of with the kids!
So my question is..What can't the kids dress up as?

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 9:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• idk,,,God made everything lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:31 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• its not rude...he's 15yo, and has a brain to think for himself. according to the majority of CMers, he's plenty old enough to have sex and pick his own religion, if any, but he can't call out an 'adult'? that's laughable!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• lol,

I would say scarey things!!! Killers, and stuff like that.

Angels, princesses, cowboys, football players would be something I would stick with.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Man made the Holliday. Let the kids be what they want. The Devil was a good answer. God did make the Devil.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'm assuming she'd know what they wore?

First thing that comes to mind is a scarecrow or anything made of cloth. I'm not sure, i really doubt god cares if they wear rubber and plastics. Actually rubber is naturally made, as well, from rubber plant trees. They could be the Michelin man lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• think teacher could have asked kids to dress as nothing evil, maybe that was her goal
    or
    maybe it was a test, to see if the kids knew God made everything, but this does not sound like her aim

God did not make racism, hate, war, etc...he made humans have free choice and we did that
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• PLEASE understand that this is a joke.... because it would be inappropriate for children.... a stripper or a prostitute. "come as you are" kinda thing. heh.

but what about people from bible times? idk, my daughters went as a pirate and tinkerbell last year. this year we're going as a pirate (again) and a panda princess.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• my sister has two girls in catholic school and her younger child went to school party as the devil, she not pleased and braced for catholic reaction, but just had a few looks from the nuns
    this daughter is extremely smart, i am sure she did it to get a rise from adults
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• ya bible themed things like a shephard or a sheep. A priest, nun, any animal or plant or natural thing like a rock or cloud or sun.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:40 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• But, Anon, God created those scientists's brains which enabled them to discover plastic & synthetics. See. It depends on everyone's own opinion.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 9:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2010