potty training

she was three in summer
she has autism, not too bad (my positive spin, or just used to it)
one day, with just dress and no other clothes to deal with, she did #1 five times and did a #2 on her potty, no help from me
then for a week or two, she will have nothing to do with it, and she does not want diaper change until it is too full with #1

i am thinking it is a control thing- potty training is learning control, so i am thinking kind of normal, and not autism

setting schedule to put her on when she does not want to is a tantrum waiting to happen, even her school knows this about her.

any ideas, is this normal with "normal" kids too, very hard and yet to potty if clothes are on, even pull ups or big girl undies, and help to teach her about clothes on and off AND potty at same time. should i be doing rewards- maybe stickers for a good try. one of her therpaists said age 4 was a maybe to have her trained by (my idea 4)

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 9:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my 2yo daugher is being 'potty trained' she runs around at home with no clothes on. thats pretty much the only way she will do it.
    kknJt

Answer by kknJt at 10:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2010