School board member thinks "all fags should kill themselves"?

Have you read this article?

http://advocate.com/News/News_Features/Arkansas_School_Board_Member_Thinks_Fags_Should_Die/

I mean, first. I'm a little worried that we are allowing people like this to be in charge of a school district because the idiot cannot spell or use grammar and punctuation properly. Second, why isn't this douche bag fired?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 9:59 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• does anyone know if he was appointed or elected?
    Welcome to Arkansas!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:01 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Probably appointed. Or who knows, in Arkansas, he could have been elected.
    GinNTonic

Comment by GinNTonic (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• the reason I ask is because we've seen this sort of thing before in rural southern areas where school board members are appointed and not elected. The appointing of school board members has got to stop.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:06 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• THe man is lacking in basic IQ points for sure and probably lacking in a conscience. I am sure he doesn;t even recognize that what he said was wrong. I lived in the south for many years and ran across that kind of mind-set and the lack of realization that there was anything wrong with the way they thought. It just resulted in my turning around and walking away because it is pointless to reason with them. I am so sorry for those kids who have to live with that. Even feel sorry for straight kids who have to live with that kind of influence, those kinds of moronic school staff members.ANY kids there. They need respectable, accepting and reasonable role models while growing up and they won't get many there.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• LOL @ "Thereselves" Wow. I grew up in Arkansas and now live in Louisiana and these people are everywhere. I see it daily. I have many gay friends and I have seen some of what they deal with.

I do believe that man was elected to the position.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:17 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• He should be fired immediately.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I did....and it is scary....but the times are slowly changing, and his days as a school board member are numbered....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• i'm not defending him or his words. but damn..everyone needs to be fired lately, eh? if someone farts and it smells, should they be fired, too??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:25 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• He was elected and is currently running for re election unopposed.
    why is he unopposed? There are some good ol boy politics and family connections with him.
    That is the way things are done in the rural white south, even in 2010.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Yikes! You guys know my thoughts on the gay lifestyle, but this is simply horrible. I don't have a thing against gay people and would never suggest such a thing. What a bad example he sets.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2010