egg donor

Has anyone done this? What was your experience?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 10:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2010 in Health

• I should mention I want to donate not receiv
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 10:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I would like too also but my kids are crazy and nobody would want my eggs!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I think it is a really nice gesture but I hope you know what is actually involved. I did IVF twice and it is not an easy task. The preparation for the egg retrieval requires dozens & dozens of shots in your belly, hip and/or backside. I was unable to inject myself so my DH went to a class to learn how to properly give me needles. The smaller the needle the worse the pain. You are injected with many various drugs. The first time I did IVF, my ovaries became so over stimulated and blew up to the size of grapefruits. I litterally could not sit down for days. After the eggs are ready & can be removed, you go under anesthesia for extraction. The insemination is the easiest part. So learn what is required and make your decision. I personally would not have just done that all for money. But in the end I was blessed with a healthy baby of my own. Good luck.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:45 AM on Oct. 28, 2010